Skip to main content

Why sprint goal is to generate one potential deliverable increment but we always can't finished UAT in UAT env or some team just push the code to SIT

Last post 02:18 pm August 21, 2020 by Tom Wu
3 replies
07:15 am August 20, 2020

Our team just put the code to SIT and the functions should pass PO's testing. 

I am confuse whether above process is align with agile mindset or Scrum framework, BTW, I am new to Agile.

Looking forward for your answer.

05:45 pm August 20, 2020

It sounds as though the team are not completing increments of work to the standard necessary for release. How does that compare with your reading of the Scrum Guide, and what it means for work to be "Done"?

08:48 pm August 20, 2020

What it means for work to be "done" is defined in the team's Definition of Done. This could mean "available for UAT" or "passed UAT", that's up for the team to decide. I typically encourage the team's Definition of Done to only include things that are within the control of the team. If the team, as part of the process, needs to hand work off to someone else, whatever state it must be in prior to the handoff is "done".

Since the Product Owner is a member of the team, it seems reasonable that "passing PO's testing" could be a reasonable part of the team's Definition of Done. If it is and that isn't happening, it could be something to talk about at a Sprint Retrospective.

I will point out that UAT stands for "user acceptance testing". If the Product Owner is performing the testing, it can only be considered a UAT if the Product Owner is a user. Even if the Product Owner is a user or potential user of the system, they may not be representative of all users to adequately perform a UAT.

01:36 am August 21, 2020

Thanks all, We need have a confirmation on DOD that we did not do it before.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.