Skip to main content

New with Scrum. Job Opportunities.

Last post 04:36 pm October 6, 2020 by Murtala Lanval
2 replies
02:58 pm October 5, 2020

Hi,

I'm a new entrant in the field of scrum. Passed my exams with 95% yesterday and I'm wondering where to start from.

I have an extensive work experience in project-based operations in a couple of industries either as a project lead or team member. However, all entry level SM roles requires 2-3 years work experience. Does my experience in project management count or make up for these requirements?

Thanks.

05:24 pm October 5, 2020

Does my experience in project management count or make up for these requirements?

What have you learned to make it count? What have you learned about self managing teams and empirical process control, for example? How can you now help organizations to navigate the journey from project management towards managing for product value?

11:05 pm October 5, 2020

It's a whole new ball-game with scrum. Everything is decentralized from the PM being a focal point to SM being a peer and team member. It's  a paradigm shift, which I'm familiar with. I believe I can definitely adjust very fast because of my style as a team member and project lead at some point. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.