Skip to main content

Questions about Mikhail Lapshin's quiz

Last post 05:54 pm January 25, 2021 by Jane King
7 replies
06:25 pm November 22, 2020

Hello everyone,

today I did the PSM I Preparation Quiz of Mikhail Lapshin.

For two questions I found the sample answers worthy of disscusion.

1) Who participates in the Sprint Review? Select all applicable variants.

• The Scrum Master
  • The Development Team
  • The Product Owner
  • The Key Stakeholders
  • The Organization CEO

Right answer:

• The Scrum Master
  • The Development Team
  • The Product Owner
  • The Key Stakeholders

Why isn't the organization CEO not allowed to participate? Maybe he/ she is a stakeholder too. In my opinion, the CEO should also be allowed to participate if interested or as a stakeholder.

2) How does Definition of “Done” help the Scrum Team? Select three most applicable items.

• DoD helps to calculate velocity of the Scrum Team
  • DoD is used to assess when work is complete on the product Increment
  • DoD guides the Development Team in knowing how many Product Backlog items it can select during a Sprint Planning
  • DoD ensures artifact transparency
  • DoD helps in inspection and adaptation

Right answer:

• DoD is used to assess when work is complete on the product Increment
  • DoD guides the Development Team in knowing how many Product Backlog items it can select during a Sprint Planning
  • DoD ensures artifact transparency

I think the last point should also be correct. The DoD allows the developers to check if all criteria of the DoD are fulfilled and to adjust the development result if necessary. Therefore the DoD helps in inspection and adaption.

What do you think?

Thanks, Nadine

08:49 pm November 22, 2020

Why isn't the organization CEO not allowed to participate? Maybe he/ she is a stakeholder too. In my opinion, the CEO should also be allowed to participate if interested or as a stakeholder.

Wouldn't the CEO then be participating as a stakeholder?

I think the last point should also be correct. 

The question is asking for the three most applicable answers, not those which are correct. All of the supplied answers appear to be correct. In the case of the first, the DoD does help to calculate velocity, because the measure can only credibly apply to work that is Done. I suppose it might be argued that the three indicated answers are the most applicable, but that would be a value judgment.

02:29 pm November 23, 2020

I always advise caution when it comes to non-scrum.org material.  The nuance in the language is important and you can sometimes get led in the wrong direction and even given model answers that are just plain incorrect....

04:41 pm November 23, 2020

Many thanks to both of you. This shows that my understanding is similar to yours.

The site of Mikhail Lapshin was often recommended here in the forum for PSM exam preparation. I think it is important not to simply accept all answers but to question  and discuss them, that is surely the way you learn the most.

05:22 pm November 29, 2020

1) Who participates in the Sprint Review? Select all applicable variants.

• The Scrum Master
  • The Development Team
  • The Product Owner
  • The Key Stakeholders
  • The Organization CEO

Here is the key words participates

So the given answer is correct. If the CEO is also stakeholder then he can also participate.

Thanks.

07:42 pm January 23, 2021

I always advise caution when it comes to non-scrum.org material.  The nuance in the language is important and you can sometimes get led in the wrong direction and even given model answers that are just plain incorrect....

Having taken two scrum certification assessments so far, I can honestly say that the wording in scrum.orgs exams is also not straight forward (the open assessments are quite clear on the otherhand), and would say that they are more tricky than any questions I have come across from other sites. 

07:42 pm January 23, 2021

Having taken and passed two scrum certification assessments so far (PSM1 & PSK1), I can honestly say that the wording in scrum.orgs exams is also not straight forward (the open assessments are quite clear on the otherhand), and would say that they are more tricky than any questions I have come across from other sites. 

03:08 pm January 25, 2021

You can find in the section (PASS PSM I with 90% at the FIRST TRY and 4 DAYs of PREPARATION) some study tips, which really work well with your setup and schedule. And I hope it helps you to pass scrum certification assessments well.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.