Skip to main content

Scrum events purpose

Last post 11:52 am November 26, 2020 by Sidharth Bathia
2 replies
04:35 pm November 25, 2020

Why Development team member should attend Daily standup every day and why not 3 times a week

What to answer when Development team memebers ask why do I need to attend Daily stand-ups and I get all the information when it is require ? or I can come only 2 or 3 times a week?

06:13 pm November 25, 2020

If that team member can't make a useful contribution to everyone's shared plan for the next 24 hours, and thereby take the team closer to the Sprint Goal, why not?

11:52 am November 26, 2020

Harsha. The answer to your team member would be daily Scrums improve communications, identify impediments, promote quick decision-making, and consequently eliminate the need for other meetings. The purpose of the Daily Scrum is to inspect progress toward the Sprint Goal and adapt the Sprint Backlog as necessary, adjusting the upcoming planned work. This could impact his upcoming planned work.

Now the Scrum Guide does not say that all team members should always be present in the Daily Scrum. So his presence 2 to 3 times a week, should work, at the risk of him and team missing out on the above stated benefits.

Please feel free to correct me if i am wrong.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.