Skip to main content

Is it a good practice to integrate all the Increments of different teams working on the same Product? Which one will you prefer?

Last post 12:07 pm December 15, 2020 by Thomas Owens
2 replies
02:58 pm December 14, 2020

> Of course! but must be confined to only those Scrum Teams whose work has dependencies

> Of course! because the Product Owners (& Stakeholders) would face problem to properly inspect what is actually been done

10:13 am December 15, 2020

I suggest you read the Nexus guide in order to have a better idea to what is a common integrated Increment.

Also I suggest you precise a little your answer, because is it at the end of the Sprint ? will the be some hardening Increment days days before delivering ? 

12:07 pm December 15, 2020

Although reading about different frameworks for scaling Scrum may help, I don't think it's essential to answer the question.

If you only integrate all of the work from all of the different teams that have known dependencies, how do you ensure that there were no hidden dependencies or conflicts between the work? How do you propose that the Product Owner and stakeholders inspect the work and make a decision about the ability to release the Increment?

If you want to create a releasable Increment at least once per Sprint, I'm not sure how you could do that unless you are integrating all of the Done Increments prior to each release. Also, consider that each Sprint is supposed to produce at least one releasable Increment.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.