Skip to main content

Question regarding Nexus

Last post 06:13 pm March 7, 2021 by Ian Mitchell
3 replies
12:04 pm March 7, 2021

Hello Team,

I am preparing for PSM I certification. I have a question regarding Nexus .

How is Nexus different from scaled scrum.

In nexus the sprints for the individual teams start and end at the same time where as in scaled scrum it is not needed.

Hope My question is not vague and is making sense.

12:13 pm March 7, 2021

I'd like to reframe is above question 

How is Nexus different from the case where multiple team are working on the same Product.

In nexus the sprints for the individual teams start and end at the same time where as in the second case it is not needed.

04:16 pm March 7, 2021

The SPS exam will ask you questions about Nexus. 

In nexus the sprints for the individual teams start and end at the same time where as in the second case it is not needed.

You need to read the Nexus guide, as your statement is incorrect.  Nexus does not change scrum, it enhances it, and still abides by its rules, artifacts and accountabilities. 

Nexus is a way to scale scrum if you have between 3 and 9 teams; however, there is nothing mandating that Nexus must be used to scale scrum.  You can scale scrum without Nexus or any other framework.

The PSM exam will not ask you questions about Nexus, but will ask you questions about scaled scrum that concern scenarios of multiple teams but without a scaling framework. 

06:13 pm March 7, 2021

How is Nexus different from the case where multiple team are working on the same Product.

In a Nexus, work is not merely undertaken by multiple teams in a Sprint -- the integration of that work is assured.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.