Skip to main content

Multiple scrum teams making mistakes and view from Scrum Master point

Last post 06:39 am May 12, 2021 by Garrie Irons
3 replies
04:17 am May 12, 2021

Hi All , 

We are working as three teams on a product. At the end of each sprint, each team claims that its work is done. And, in fact, few problems are seen at each team’s separate sprint review. But when the work is subsequently integrated, numerous problems are found. As the ScrumMaster for one of these three teams, how do I make my team take more responsible and do the same mistake ? Simultaneously how do I address it to PO or the Management ?

Thanks,

Sachin 

04:23 am May 12, 2021

Correcting typo

how do I make my team take more responsible and dont do the same mistake ? Simultaneously how do I address it to PO or the Management ?

05:43 am May 12, 2021

At the end of each sprint, each team claims that its work is done. And, in fact, few problems are seen at each team’s separate sprint review. But when the work is subsequently integrated, numerous problems are found.

I'll bet they are. The work was not Done, because an integrated increment was not provided. There was undone work remaining and technical debt to be remeditated.

Is there a Definition of Done for the integrated increment which all teams must collaboratively develop? The Nexus Guide for Scrum Teams should prove helpful in providing cross-team integration assurance.

06:39 am May 12, 2021

Simultaneously how do I address it to PO or the Management ?

You educate your PO that the Nexus framework exists to make up for organiations whose development cannot be suitably decoupled to avoid the need for scaling.

All of the PO's and SM's need to agree there is a need for a scaled approach...or for some effort to be made to decouple the activities of the three teams.

Scaling = waste. Decoupling = speed. Those are both generalisations so they are both lies.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.