Skip to main content

Advice on my Jira project

Last post 07:34 am June 29, 2021 by Scott Anthony Keatinge
2 replies
01:59 pm June 24, 2021

Hello Everyone,

Im working with my team in Jira. In the project, we produce reports for different countries. Currently I have a look at the problem of how to systematize the existing items in my backlog to achieve the greatest possible transparency.

At the moment we have everything under 1 epic and I would like to break  issues down by country / version This is how it looks on country level. The new version is achieved by adding new functionalities. Countries also run on different SaaS.

• Country 1 

SaaS A  

Currently version 1.0

v1.0 +  new components + views = v1.5

• Country 2

SaaS A

Currently version 1.0

v1.0 + views only = v1.5

• Country 3 

SaaS B

Currently version 1.0

All of 3x counters combined together would give us v1.6

How can i achive that in Jira? Is there possibility to combine my issuestypes together to achive that? can someone show me?

new components are +- 15 issues same goes for views

02:30 pm June 24, 2021

Currently I have a look at the problem of how to systematize the existing items in my backlog to achieve the greatest possible transparency.

At the moment we have everything under 1 epic and I would like to break  issues down by country / version

What does the Product Owner think about that? If you are the PO, are you satisfied that this approach would allow value to be maximized Sprint by Sprint?

Bear in mind that, in Scrum, the best way "to achieve the greatest possible transparency" is to provide Done increments of finished and immediately usable work.

07:34 am June 29, 2021

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.