Skip to main content

New to scrum- how to start

Last post 07:42 pm July 13, 2021 by Ines Amara
3 replies
04:56 pm July 12, 2021

Hi everyone,

I am graduated as analyst programmer but I didn’t work as developer. In fact, My internship was related the the management of It project. I work now in an organization where they have external developer contractor.

My main role is to coordinate with the different departments of to know their business requirement and need  and from the other side I deal with the external developers to explain the need and I make the test and report problems and bugs  and present report to the team lead.

My position is related essentially with system modernization project in the organization. I was wondering if it is worth it to do scrum Master certification. Do you have any Suggestions?

thanks

08:12 pm July 12, 2021

What is your understanding of Scrum and how do you feel that the certification would benefit you in fulfilling your role within your organization?  Does your organization use Scrum? What situation are you trying to improve?

The only one that can decide if pursuing a certification would be beneficial is yourself.  Based upon the way you describe your role, I honestly don't see anything Scrum related to your organization's workflow.  While it might be something you want to do for your own career development, I don't see that it would be much use to you in your current job.  However, I formed my opinion based upon the short description you have provided.  I'm guessing that others may have different opinions. I look forward to reading them. 

08:58 pm July 12, 2021

My position is related essentially with system modernization project in the organization. I was wondering if it is worth it to do scrum Master certification. Do you have any Suggestions?

Do you think it would be worth it for the organization to use Scrum at all? If so, why? What do you think they would gain from Scrum, and from having a Scrum Master to guide them?

03:17 pm July 13, 2021

Thanks for your feedbacks, yes i think is about career development. In fact, i study analyst programmer but i didn't get the chance to work as developer. I understand that scrum Master work with the developer team which is not the case in my work now. 

When i see my CV now i feel a gap between what i learn and what i'am doing in y job. My purpose is to find the link between my job (manage the system modernization project) and my grade. 

Thanks a lot :)

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.