Skip to main content

Badges on certifications has changed

Last post 01:07 pm August 21, 2021 by Eric Naiburg
4 replies
09:03 am August 20, 2021

Hi all,

I recently saw that the certifications have received an update, specifically on the badges in the bottom right corner. I don’t know if I have to get used to this, but I feel kinda sad about this. In my opinion the previous design was easier to the eye since everything was only in 1 color. Now a dark blue has been added which don’t really add any value.. it bothers me the most in combination of the PO certification. 

As said, maybe I need some time to get used to this but I wanted to know what others think of this.

Old design

New design

09:15 am August 20, 2021

Apparently something went wrong with attaching the images as example, retry:

old design

new design

06:41 pm August 20, 2021

I liked the previous badge style better. It gave the certificate more of a awarding look. Although, maybe due to mental conditioning. Not sure why they thought they needed to change it but I'm sure we'll get use to them. I had downloaded all of my badges and certificates as I got them, so I sill have the prior style.

03:18 am August 21, 2021

Here is a link with additional information: https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/6479/assessments-badges-format

In that link, see the last posting from Eric Naiburg, dated 8/18/2021, announcing Scrum.org's supporting the Credly/Acclaim platform for their badges.

01:07 pm August 21, 2021

That is correct this is part of the formatting that is standard use for Credly and if you have other badges like Microsoft, IBM and PMI and many others these will carry some common look and drive greater recognition for your achievements.  I do also think it just will take some getting use to as Alex mentions as change requires getting use to.  That said, these new badges in my opinion look much more professional and credible.  

To Kevin's point, the blue brings commonality across all badges as that is the Scrum.org brand color while the green in your instance is the Product Owner curriculum color so bringing visibility to that.  In this case all badges will carry consistent Scrum.org coloring while be curriculum defining by their overall color.

Thank you and I think you will find many benefits with this additional benefit that all certification holders now receive by being able to bring all earned badges and skills together under one profile (Credly) and the other benefits that Credly brings like social sharing, job searching and matching and much more.  Learn more about this change here.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.