Skip to main content

Need help with case study

Last post 02:56 pm September 19, 2021 by Ian Mitchell
5 replies
05:50 pm September 13, 2021

Hi everyone, I'm a project coordinator and new to Agile/Scrum. I've used it for about 7 months now and plan on doing a training/qualification. I have an interview within my department to be promoted to project manager and I've been given a case study to work on. Is there anyone on here whose brain I can pick for some ideas on how to resolve the issue? Many thanks in advance.

07:57 pm September 13, 2021

Hi Steph - Is your case study related to project management or Agile/Scrum? If it is Agile or Scrum I have some time to help you next week. What is your timeframe?

All the best,

Chris

12:40 am September 14, 2021

I'm a project coordinator and new to Agile/Scrum. I've used it for about 7 months now and plan on doing a training/qualification. I have an interview within my department to be promoted to project manager and I've been given a case study to work on

If you've been using Scrum for about 7 months you won't have been co-ordinating projects during that time. Moreover the Project Management function, such as it is, will have been distributed across the entire Scrum Team and will mostly lie with the Developers. The very idea of being "promoted to project manager" therefore invites serious challenge. Is this something that is adequately reflected in the case study?

02:51 pm September 17, 2021

Hey Steph, 

I'm interested in helping. Any more details on the case study? Company size, industry, tech stack, dev team characteristics, etc. 

Let us know, cheers!

11:07 pm September 18, 2021

Hi,

For a calendar application, what would be a better way to write this user story?

AS, a user 

I WANT TO, see when my changes haven’t been synchronized recently, 

SO THAT, I know there was a problem

02:56 pm September 19, 2021

Is there a difficulty with the conversations the story is intended to provoke?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.