Skip to main content

Availability of PSD I assessment without course

Last post 07:47 pm November 29, 2019 by Alfredo Alcantara
15 replies
06:34 am September 16, 2012

Hi,

On the following page on Scrum.org:
http://www.scrum.org/Assessments/Professional-Scrum-Developer-Assessmen…

It states:
"At present, Professional Scrum Developer I assessment and certification is open only to those who have taken a Professional Scrum Developer course. Assessment is currently based on the body of knowledge contained in the courseware. Once the body of knowledge has been formalized as a Scrum Developer Guide, the assessment will be open to the public and anyone – including those who have not taken a Professional Scrum Developer course – will be able to assess themselves. "

Can anyone tell me how long it's likely to be before the public can take the assessment without requiring attendance at a course?

Thanks in advance.

06:36 am September 16, 2012

That subject line should of course read, "Availability of assessment WITHOUT course". Sorry!

Anonymous
11:40 am September 17, 2012

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your question. As soon as this is done there will be an announcement.

Best,
Daniel

12:11 pm September 17, 2012

Thanks for your reply, Daniel.

Do you have any ideas of vague time scales for this?

I appreciate you probably cannot give an accurate date, however I'd be good to know if this is something that is likely to be weeks, months or years away.

Thanks again.

04:22 am September 19, 2012

Having taken the course, it still would be handy to have a PSD 1 practice assessment.

Anonymous
05:10 pm September 19, 2012

Very likely not weeks, or years. ;-)

Daniel

Anonymous
05:14 pm September 19, 2012

Hi Flavia,

This is on our backlog.

Best,
Daniel

06:35 pm May 20, 2013

Most likely over halv a year now :-)
Would also be interested.

03:39 am June 5, 2013

Hi Daniel,

It's been around 8 months now since your last post indicating that the assessments would be available without requiring course attendance and that this was "on your backlog".

Can you possibly provide an update as to where this is at and when it may be available?

Thanks.

Anonymous
09:46 am June 25, 2013

Hi Craig,

Thanks for your question. Separating the PSD I assessment from the PSD course is on the backlog. We’ve been focused on other initiatives, however, we expect it to be released sometime near the end of this year.

Best,
Daniel

11:05 am June 25, 2013

Posted By Daniel Racowsky on 19 Sep 2012 05:10 PM
Very likely not weeks, or years. ;-)

Daniel

Any update?

11:48 pm December 31, 2014

Now as I can see it's open and not required any course. Let's try to get PSD now ;)

06:42 pm November 25, 2019

Hi. Could any of you please share your experience of taking PSD 1 exam and the resources you used to gain knowledge and pass the exam. I am Full stack Developer/Business Analyst and have several years of experience working in Scrum team. I also recently passed PSM 1 and PSPO 1 certifications in first attempts. I am planning to take PSD 1 exam soon. Thanks you in advance.

02:31 pm November 27, 2019

Ashwin, as with all of the certifications offered by Scrum.org; there is a corresponding list of study and reading materials to help you learn and pass. Look at the Prepare for the Assessment section on this page and you'll have all the info you need. 

https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-developer-certification

05:38 am November 29, 2019

Hi, Ashwin 

Can you please tell me why do you need to pass this certification? I am not against it :) I am just asking

07:47 pm November 29, 2019

Just one comment, because I do want to offend you at anybody else, but really I can't understand what exactly gives this certification. So, waiting for your reply

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.