Skip to main content

One year of experience, where to go next with certifications & education?

Last post 06:10 pm March 8, 2023 by amelia james
4 replies
09:37 am April 7, 2022

Hey Community, 

I got my PSM1 certificate and my first job a year ago from today, never been so happy with my job! Now after gathering some real life experience and seeing the struggles of a working company I want to expand my knowledge and skillset in both Scrum and the Agile Methodology but am not sure where to start.

PSM2 feels like the way to go for the framework education but I need your assistance in the agile methodology education. I was thinking of doing PAL1 but if you have any other suggestions or feedback please feel free to help out!

Cheers

03:25 pm April 7, 2022

PSM II and PSK are what I recommend to every Scrum Master after gaining at minimum of a year of experience.

08:38 am April 8, 2022

Thank you Chris, is PSK Professional Scrum with Kanban?

09:23 pm April 10, 2022

Yes PSK - Professional Scrum with Kanban

11:44 am March 8, 2023

If you're looking to deepen your understanding of Scrum and the Agile methodology, PSM2 is a great next step. The certification exam is designed to test your knowledge of the Scrum framework and your ability to apply it to complex situations, making it an excellent way to build on your existing knowledge and skills.

Regarding Agile Methodology, the Professional Agile Leadership (PAL) certification may be a good fit for you. This certification is designed for leaders and managers who want to learn more about Agile and how to implement it effectively in their organizations. It covers topics such as Agile leadership, team building, and stakeholder engagement, among others.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.