Skip to main content

Documentation in a sprint

Last post 10:31 am January 21, 2017 by Anna Green
3 replies
04:16 pm May 5, 2014

I had my PSD examen but i have some doubt about a question related to documentation. To be honest i found the question unclear. I don't remember the specific question but it was about which criteria is used to decide if something should be documented every sprint.
One of the answer is "if it's part of the DOD".
According to me this answer is correct. If it's in the DOD, it means the team agrees documentations is necessary.
What do you think ?

Thanks

05:01 pm May 5, 2014

I would agree that documentation should be a part of the definition of done - ideally it should state the level of documentation as well to avoid confusion/questions once the sprint is complete. As a scrum master you should encourage the team to agree to as much detail as possible in the sprint planning meeting as possible.

10:13 am May 9, 2014

> According to me this answer is correct. If it's in the DOD, it means the
> team agrees documentations is necessary.
> What do you think ?

I'd agree, though of course it's also possible for the provision of specific documentation to be asserted in acceptance criteria.

10:31 am January 21, 2017

In that case, the SM and PO cannot require what should be documented? Is it a good idea to documented the software tools which are used during Sprint?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.