Skip to main content

Performance

Last post 12:07 pm June 1, 2022 by Joshua B. Monmia
3 replies
03:56 pm May 31, 2022

How do you handle performing issue as a scrum master?

05:34 pm May 31, 2022

I try my best to perform in such a manner that benefits the teams and organization that I am serving.  I rely on the feedback of those people to determine if I am not performing to their satisfaction. 

If you are asking from the standpoint of a team or individual other than yourself, then my answer is that I don't.  It is not the Scrum Master's responsibility to deal with this.  It is the Scrum Master's responsibility to help provide an environment in which the Scrum Team can operate to the best of their ability to deliver continuous iterative increments of value. How that is done is up to Scrum Team to decide as a self-managing, self-organizing team of professionals.

05:37 pm May 31, 2022

Whatever the issue is, try looking at it a different way. What can you do to help a self-managing team take action, should any be needed?

12:07 pm June 1, 2022

Thanks very much to you all. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.