Skip to main content

Nexus Theory

Last post 08:08 pm June 15, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
2 replies
11:28 am June 15, 2022

I am currently preparing to sit my PSM 1 exam. I was wondering if the nexus framework is heavily featured in the exam and if it is worth going through the nexus guide extensively ? 

Thanks,

Lewis

06:00 pm June 15, 2022

Use the recommended resources (https://www.scrum.org/professional-scrum-master-i-certification) and you will cover everything you might need for the PSM 1 exam.  PSM 1 is about basic Scrum with one team working a single Product Backlog. Scaling doesn't come into play until later exams.

08:08 pm June 15, 2022

I was wondering if the nexus framework is heavily featured in the exam and if it is worth going through the nexus guide extensively ? 

No, but you ought to know that it is possible for multiple Scrum Teams to work on the same Product, in which case they will share the same Product Backlog even though they may have their own Sprint Backlogs. They will need to self-organize in such a way that at least one integrated Increment is produced to a regular Sprint cadence, and which satisfies a clear Definition of Done which all of the Developers on those teams commit to.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.