Skip to main content

how scrum master know dev estimate right because only dev know all tech to do this task?

Last post 09:34 am June 23, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
5 replies
07:09 am June 23, 2022

My scrum team (3 dev iOS 2 dev android 1 PO 1 SM 2 QC) have two dev android , they alsway estimate task samec(same 3 same 1,..., no need to estimate salary again never, i don't believe they alsway estimate same

07:40 am June 23, 2022

how scrum master know dev estimate right because only dev know all tech to do this task?

Each Sprint, is the Sprint Goal being met and is at least one Done and immediately usable Increment being created?

07:52 am June 23, 2022

What does it mean to estimate right? And why is that important to know? Estimates are approximations that can vary in accuracy. If you for instance are making estimates on the time or cost of getting a task done you will be able to know how accurate the estimate was only after you are done with the task, and by that time the accuracy of the estimate of that task is likely not that important anymore.

07:57 am June 23, 2022

Yes, my team alsway Done and immediately usable Increment being created, but i want push their performance, I think they can do more now, to optimize human resources for company costs 

08:16 am June 23, 2022

That doesn't sound like trusting a self organizing team, nor prioritizing value. 

Do not to those things. Read the Scrum guide again and think about the role of a Scrum Master. 

09:34 am June 23, 2022

Yes, my team alsway Done and immediately usable Increment being created, but i want push their performance, I think they can do more now, to optimize human resources for company costs 

https://read.gov/aesop/091.html

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.