Skip to main content

Master's Thesis about Agile - Data Collection

Last post 06:40 pm January 23, 2024 by Lisa Castillo
4 replies
11:18 am August 17, 2022

Greetings everyone,

I am currently writing my thesis focused on transition processes in agile environments (sprint planning, task estimation...) and their impact on the team performance. As you can imagine, the data collection step is very challenging for me and therefore I would like to ask you for a small favor.

Could you please fill out my questionnaire, given that you work in an agile team (environment)? Filling out the survey would take max. 15 minutes and all the data is anonymized. If you have any friends in agile, could you maybe also send the survey to them?

In return, I could share the results of my thesis with you. In the last optional question of the thesis you can fill out your email address and I will share the results with you as soon as they will be available (late November). You can use the findings in order to optimize your team's performance.

Here's the survey link:

https://ww3.unipark.de/uc/agilework/

I really appreciate your help.

Best,

Hoang

08:09 pm August 17, 2022

I got stuck at the first question, because an "agile environment" does not equate to or imply an "agile methodology".

01:34 pm September 2, 2022

Hello,

late to the party but I've just found the survey and going through it. I have to say, there are some not so great aspects to the questions because they don't really apply to scrum teams; what Ian mentioned regarding "agile methodology" is just the tip of the ice berg :)

A couple things (not sorted):

1. There's several questions regarding how teams handle deadlines; but there are no deadlines in Scrum.
  2. There was a question about concrete plans made beforehand to tackle problems that might occur; that seems kind of anti-scrum, which is based on empiricism and not planning-ahead (although, of course, things that you *can* plan you might also want to, so take this with a grain of salt)
  3. There is this question: "I have a good 'idea' of the responsibilities of my individual team members." In scrum, the Development team shares the responsibilities. There are no individual responsibilities in scrum.
  4. There's a dozen questions about "how, when, where we will improve" - they seem to be exactly the same. At least I'm not sure how I should or could be answering any of these three questions in a different way. They're about the same thing: Is there adaptation and do we make sure we do it?

01:02 am September 3, 2022

Hi Hoàng,

Done with the survey.

Can you share what you intend to test/ check here or privately with me? What are hypothesis? So that I may give some more constructive comments?

Anyway, all the best with your thesis

09:50 am January 23, 2024

Could you please provide the structure of the survey? The topic of my Master's Thesis is similar, and I am in need of an inspirational model for guidance.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.