Skip to main content

External Retrospectives - Do we need to invite External Stakeholders ?

Last post 07:19 am September 2, 2022 by Duong Khanh Bui
3 replies
06:46 am September 1, 2022

What is an external Retrospectives ?

When can we Blame a Team Member for low productivity ?

05:01 pm September 1, 2022

What is an external Retrospectives ?

In my experience, it's a Sprint Retrospective held outside on a nice sunny day for which a dependency on ice cream must then be managed.

When can we Blame a Team Member for low productivity ?

Would doing so prove helpful? Is any one team member ever accountable for productivity?

05:27 pm September 1, 2022

See @Ian's answer for your first question.  The term "external Retrospectives" has never come up in my readings of the Scrum Guide.

As for your second question, I think it is best answered with another question.  Why would you want to Blame a Team Member for low productivity?  That does not seem like any way to build a team of motivated self-managed, self-organized individuals.  

04:28 am September 2, 2022

1. Execuse me, what do you mean with external retrospective?

2. To me, let's start with some questions?

- what are root causes?

- if the root cause is related to one or some team member? How to solve as a team? Any support needed? How to improve?

Cheers

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.