Skip to main content

Was just told about Scrum

Last post 01:13 pm September 7, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
2 replies
03:08 pm September 4, 2022

Was just told about scrum from a coworker.  Just looking around and trying to learn.  A lot of what I am reading I do already at work.   Can someone point me to more information about Scrum?

10:21 am September 6, 2022

The definition of Scrum can be found in the Scrum Guide, which is freely available.

Scrum.org also has a long list of resources including organizing those resources by competency or by a more role-based learning path for Scrum Masters, Product Owners, software developers, or organizational leaders.

There are some good things outside of Scrum.org, too. If podcasts and/or YouTube are more your thing, my top picks are Agile for Humans, Mastering Agility, and the Scrum Master Toolbox. If you prefer reading articles, I've found Serious Scrum (website, Medium publication) to have well-written, informative, and thought-provoking articles. The Agile for Humans creators and a few of the Serious Scrum editors are also Professional Scrum Trainers, so their content is more likely to be in line with Scrum.org's interpretations and perspectives.

The one thing that I will add is that there is a lot of information out there. It is important to understand the source of that information. Not everything is consistent with the Scrum Guide or with the current version of the Scrum Guide, so it may not be helpful for learning more about Scrum.

01:13 pm September 7, 2022

A lot of what I am reading I do already at work

Empiricism is often what people resort to in an emergency. One of the ironies of agile practice is that once, having dug themselves out of a hole, organizations dispense with this approach and resort to the same prescriptive techniques which drove them into the ditch in the first place.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.