Skip to main content

Organizing scrum for a marketing team

Last post 05:59 pm September 19, 2022 by Ian Mitchell
2 replies
04:48 pm September 16, 2022

Hello everyone,

I'm struggling to set up scrum in the most efficient way on a marketing team for a non-profit organization. I've been looking on YouTube for examples of team set-up and the boards they use, but I'm still confused. I jut wanted to ask if anyone here with experience in this area might be willing to chat with me; I have so many questions!!!

Thanks

03:58 pm September 19, 2022

Hi @Delaine, you can find some articles and podcasts on the topic here: https://www.scrum.org/resources/blog/scrum-marketing and https://www.scrum.org/resources?search=marketing&field_resource_tags_target_id=All&type=115

05:59 pm September 19, 2022

I'm struggling to set up scrum in the most efficient way on a marketing team for a non-profit organization.

Don't, would be my advice. Aim to find the most effective way of implementing Scrum. You don't want to market the wrong thing more efficiently.

The key to effectiveness is empirical observation acted upon early and often by a self-managing team. The team will inspect and adapt as closely as possible to the time and place of their work being carried out. This requires at least one Done finished Product Increment, of immediately usable quality, to be produced each Sprint and which is then empirically assessed.

In the case of your "marketing team", what would that increment be, and how would the team know it was Done? Do they have all the cross-functional skills needed to assure an increment's quality? How would they use such increments to establish and maintain empirical process control in their situation?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.