Skip to main content

Scrum Retrospective

Last post 02:40 am October 4, 2022 by Subhasish Gupta
2 replies
02:19 pm September 27, 2022

Hi

Please that is my first scrum role and I wonder how to lead the scrum retrospective session. As a scrum master, what should be my main roles? Just to mention, the retrospective is between many scrum teams.

Also, what is the next steps after the scrum retrospectives ?

05:09 pm September 27, 2022

Please that is my first scrum role and I wonder how to lead the scrum retrospective session. 

Why do you wish to lead it?

As a scrum master, what should be my main roles?

Make sure the team actually has a Sprint Retrospective, and that the rules of doing so are followed.

As a Scrum Master you manage people's understanding of Scrum. Think of that as your core responsibility.

Just to mention, the retrospective is between many scrum teams.

That sounds rather ambitious. What evidence do you have that Sprint Retrospectives are being conducted appropriately with even just one team?

02:40 am October 4, 2022

Please remember, A Scrum master is a facilitator who ensures that the Scrum team is following the processes. "Facilitator" is a key word here who guides and manages events to meet the goals.      

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.