Skip to main content

Is Sprint a Scrum events that is formal opportunities to inspect and adapt.

Last post 11:10 am October 4, 2022 by Ryan Kent
2 replies
11:34 am October 1, 2022

Hello All,

I came across two kind of answers whether or not Sprint is a formal scrum event or not. My understanding is that it is a Scrum event. But recently in one of the mock test for PSM 1 I found that Sprint is not considered as on of the 'Scrum events that are formal opportunities to inspect and adapt'. I will appear for PSM 1 soon and like to know your views on this.

Thanks,

Abhinandan

05:28 pm October 3, 2022

The Scrum Guide says:

"Each event in Scrum is a formal opportunity to inspect and adapt Scrum artifacts"

Which mock test for PSM I were you using that suggested otherwise?

11:10 am October 4, 2022

The Sprint Event is a container for all other Scrum Events, and it has its own inspect and adapt call out in the guide...

Sprints enable predictability by ensuring inspection and adaptation of progress toward a Product Goal at least every calendar month. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.