Help / Advice -
We have 7 developers
- 2 are specialists CRM devs and therefore focused on CRM tasks only CRM has its backlog and managed independently
- 1 is another specialist and limited to D365 and again managed independently
- Which leaves 4 devs that can be used interchangeably
- we have multiple (13) products that only 4 devs can work on
- Each product has its own prioritised backlog
- Each product wants stuff done and all have P1s
- we work in Kanban for BAU and 10 day sprints for more sizeable chunks of work
- I am looking for advice on ways to give each product a fair share of dev time to me it come back to value add / priority but i am asking for inspiration
From what you describe, there isn't a shred of evidence that there might even be such a thing as a "fair share". Scrum is about learning to build the right thing at the right time. This can mean identifying and exploiting potentially quite unfair advantages for certain products to the exclusion of others.
Look at Evidence Based Management and review the key value areas which help agile leadership decide what to invest in. A self-managing team can then self-organize around the work, and agree jointly shared and achievable commitments. Right now you don't have a team at all by the sound of it -- you've just got a workgroup of people with their own particular skill silos, each one of which is essentially doing their own thing.