Skip to main content

Professional Scrum master 1 exam passed in two attempts

Last post 07:32 pm November 19, 2016 by Lars Devocht
2 replies
07:17 am May 5, 2016

Hi All,

First of all thanks to everyone who contributes in these forum. As i learned a lot via forums. I failed in first attempt and scored 80% but then i referred to the topics and comments in this forum. They are really really helpful. I gave my second attempt and now i passed with 86.3 percent.

Section/Subject Area Percentage Scored
Scrum Framework - Rules and roles of Scrum per the Scrum Guide.
90.0%
Scrum Theory and Principles - Good understanding of Scrum theory, how it is founded on empirical theory, and the principles and values of Scrum.
80.0%
Cross-functional, self-organizing Teams - Scrum Teams are different from traditional development groups. The paradigm and nature of a cross-functional and self-organizing team promotes flexibility, creativity, and productivity. They choose how to best do their work and have all competencies needed to accomplish it without depending on others outside of the team.
78.6%
Coaching & Facilitation - Overall behavior of Scrum Masters are very different from project managers or team leaders in traditional environments. Scrum Masters are servant-leaders who coach and facilitate teams and organizations in understanding and applying Scrum. Best techniques help teams and organizations discover what works best for them.
100.0%

I would strongly recommend people to prepare few basic things-

1. Scrum guide to be studied thoroughly
2. Reach Scrum Theory
3. Give open assessment exams and i would recommend you to give all four open assessments (i.e Scrum master, product owner , developer and Nexus). They are really helpful and clarifying your doubts.
4. Read and refer to the links in this pdf version http://www.landwaart.com/wp-content/uploads/2015/08/How%20to%20prepare%…
5. Read the topics discussed in this forum.

I would suggest instead of just mugging up the question and answers and book. Try to understand the concepts behind each and every line for scrum guide. Because the exam is very confusing and it plays with your understanding level of the statements given in scrum guide.

Cheers and best of luck to those appearing in exam.

Please do let me know if any help required from my end. I would be happy to help.

Warm Regards
Animesh Dubey

02:21 am May 7, 2016

Thank you Animesh, I am preparing as well, so this is very useful.

Also if you have an opportunity to participate in a scrum or observe it in your work setting, i find that to be very valuable as well.

07:32 pm November 19, 2016

hi Animesh,

thanks for your feedback !!

This is my first exam result and i got 82,5% average:
Scrum Framework - 85.0%
Scrum Theory and Principles - 80.0%
Cross-functional, self-organizing Teams - 92.9%
Coaching & Facilitation - 50.0%

I noticed that you scored 100% for "Coaching & Facilitation".

What advice can you give me to improve this last part part ? Did you prepare in a special way ?

with kind regards from Belgium,
Lars.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.