Skip to main content

Documentation in Scrum? Thesis Survey (Unfortunately, German only) / Results will be shared in October

Last post 03:21 pm July 19, 2023 by Saskia Dreilich
2 replies
07:57 am July 15, 2023

Hello Scrum Community,

you are working in a software development team which use the SCRUM framework and are proficient in German?

Then I would be very happy if you could support me in my master thesis. I am writing my master thesis on software development documentation in Scrum and their impact on the software maintenance. As you can imagine finding enough contacts for the data collection is not easy and therefore I would like to ask you to participate in my survey.

Filling out the survey would take approximately 8 minutes and all the data is anonymized.

Survey link: https://www.soscisurvey.de/test372559/

Feel free to share this survey with your network.

In return, I will be happy to share my thesis results with you in mid of october. You can use the result to review your documentation concept or enhance the knowledge management in your projects.

If you have further question, feel free to ask.

Thank you in advance! I really appreciate your support.

Best regards,

Saskia

08:31 am July 19, 2023

Hi Saskia,

unfortunately, I'm unable to answer some of the questions because they are required fields but lack fields I would need to click - like "this is documented in the wrong way/excessively" or "this is not relevant for my project". I don't want to click "it is not documented" or "documented in the required way and amount", so I'm a bit stumped.

If you could change the survey design so that it's possible to either skip questions or add these additional fields, I'm more than willing to go through the survey again. Just in the current setup it's impossible for me to fill it.

Hope that helps, feel free to contact me for further questions/comments :)

Alex

10:39 am July 19, 2023

Hi Alex,

Thank you for your valuable feedback! 

Unfortunately, the survey is already active and therefore it is not possible to change the survey design. I will definitely include your feedback in my critical review of my survey, thank you. If the documentation is not relevant for your project then you could choose that the category is not documented. Unfortunately, I must admit that I am not aware that there is a possibility that too much documentation is maintained.  If you still want to participate the only option is that you can made a remark at the end of the survey. (But please note that this has influence on the anonymity, because I already know your comment from the forum.) 

Thank you for your willingness to help. 

Best regards, 

Saskia 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.