Skip to main content

developer in multiple team

Last post 10:42 am December 13, 2016 by Ian Mitchell
5 replies
09:50 pm December 12, 2016

Hi, I know that it is not recommended but, can one developer be a part in different developement team?

1 Es. one developer in two team of same product ( one PO, maybe two Scrum master)
2 Es. one developer in two team of different product (Two PO and multiple Scrum master)

Thank you to all for support.

10:07 pm December 12, 2016

> I know that it is not recommended but, can one developer
> be a part in different developement team?

What do you think? Is it possible for teams sharing a developer to meet their Sprint Goal commitments?

08:27 am December 13, 2016

Yes I think that one developer can be shared between two teams, respecting team size and taking it into account during estimates.
I think that developers can mantain focus on two goal at the same time.
What is your opinion?
Thank you.

09:26 am December 13, 2016

It's up to teams to self-organize and make sure their Sprint Goal commitments are met.

Sharing a team member is therefore possible. Can you explain though why "it is not recommended"? What problems might arise and have to be taken into account?

09:38 am December 13, 2016

Maybe is difficult for a developer change contest often and I think that a developement team do not change often but should change as nneded taking into account a loss of productivity.

And I do not understand: a team must have one scum master and one product owner. If a developer is shared with another team that works to different product, scrum team maybe have two product owner. It is correct what I say?

10:42 am December 13, 2016

Each Scrum Team should have exactly one Product Owner, although the same PO may be in multiple Scrum Teams.

A developer who is shared between teams may of course be working on different products, and thus be collaborating with different Product Owners.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.