Skip to main content

Passed PSM I with 98.8%

Last post 03:21 pm January 9, 2017 by Conor McMeel
3 replies
06:39 pm January 4, 2017

Got one question wrong!

The exam wasn't as hard as I had imagined but I then had prepared well.

I studied:
The scrum guide (read twice).
About half of Essential Scrum A Practical Guide to the Most Popular Agile Process by Kenneth S. Rubin.
Some but not much of Scrum Narrative and PSM Exam Guide book.
Management Plaza exam pack (good resource).
Mikhail Lapshin's questions (good resource).
Scrum.org forum.
Nexus Guide (not really needed but it's short).
Scrum Open exam questions on Scrum Master and PO (very easy).

Thanks a million to all the people who replied to flurry of posts, it was a big help.

06:48 pm January 4, 2017

Forgot to say, I also took a 2 day Scrum mastering course (not through Scrum.org). It was expensive and although well run, I wouldn't do it again as it wasn't that much of a help.

10:32 am January 7, 2017

Hi Conor,
thanks for sharing your strategy.

I'm also plan to take this exam in the next days and I'm preparing the exam using the same resources

I'm currently working on the mplaza mock-up exams.

How close are they to the actual exam ?

I find questions of mplaza exams a bit pretentious or "text-trap" (for instance they speak about the length of a product backlog... while the scrum guide focus more , in my opinion correctly , on the level of detail and "readiness" of a product backlog item )

Thanks

Tommaso

03:21 pm January 9, 2017

Posted By Tommaso Giorgio Piantanida on 07 Jan 2017 10:32 AM
Hi Conor,
thanks for sharing your strategy.

I'm also plan to take this exam in the next days and I'm preparing the exam using the same resources

I'm currently working on the mplaza mock-up exams.

How close are they to the actual exam ?

I find questions of mplaza exams a bit pretentious or "text-trap" (for instance they speak about the length of a product backlog... while the scrum guide focus more , in my opinion correctly , on the level of detail and "readiness" of a product backlog item )

Thanks

Tommaso

They are a good guide to be honest. I would say slightly more difficult than the real exam but good prep. If I remember correctly, they had more wordy/lengthy questions/scenarios than the actual exam. I didn't have to think much about the exam questions, give a quick scan and the answer was obvious. But that's obvious to me because I prepared well - other answers might look just as valid as the right one.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.