Skip to main content

Is PAL-1 Good start for Agile Transformation

Last post 03:40 pm August 23, 2023 by Nicholas Gabrichidze
7 replies
08:48 pm August 9, 2023

Hi All

Its been some time since, I have posted. 

I am starting a new initative and would like to know if the PAL-1 certification would be a good start point ? 

Objective is to enable a company to move to agile adoption across all Business Units and Functional units. 

What course would you recommend for an Agile transformation manager.

I have many years of SCRUM / Kanban practices  and also PSM1 certified.

08:55 pm August 9, 2023

Has the problem of transforming someone else's company been delegated on to you?

02:53 pm August 14, 2023

Ian Mitchell , no this our organization that needs to adopt agile process

04:06 pm August 14, 2023

Is it your company? Do you own it, meaning it is your company to change, and it does not belong to someone else?

02:52 pm August 17, 2023

its the compnay I work for 

05:41 pm August 17, 2023

If others own the company, what you seem to be facing right now is the abdication of professional agile leadership. Those owners are trying to delegate the job of transforming their company on to someone else, and you absorb the risk. This will surely be recognized, and unless the situation changes, it will impact how the transformation attempt is perceived. No accreditation on your part is likely to improve that dynamic or create the requisite sense of urgency for change to happen.

You've already got your PSM certification. I'd suggest that the PAL accreditation would be of significant value if senior leadership set out to obtain it. 

01:27 pm August 22, 2023

@Ian Mitchell, I have already indicated that the Accountability and transformation responsiblity's rest with the Stakeholders and Functional Unit heads. MY Role would be to a help lead them on the journey.  I have enrolled for the PAL-1 certifcation and brushing up the assessment questions. Hopefully I can get this one going. Thanks for your feedback

03:40 pm August 23, 2023

I am not sure how certification will help you with you work in a company where you are already hired. Certificates are mainly marketing tools for a job seekers. If you have been already trusted with a job, you may have whole parade of scrum.org certificates, or none of them, it would not help or hinder your job at all.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.