Who is responsible for creation of DoD?

Last post 11:35 pm January 23, 2017
by Fernando Lopez Fernandez
6 replies
Author

Can someone pls help me answer this question & also help to understand the reasoning behind it

Thanks,
NJ

07:20 pm January 17, 2017

What are your current thoughts about the best answer, bearing in mind what you may have read in the Scrum Guide?

02:34 pm January 19, 2017

The Development Team is responsible for creation of DoD.

03:01 pm January 19, 2017

I believe its the collaborate effort of the Scrum team. However, in the Scrum guide, it mentions - "If the Definition of done for an increment is part of the convention or guidelinenes , all Scrum teams must follow it. If done for an increment is not a convention of the development organization, the Development team must define a definition of done"

Trying to really understand what that sentence exactly means.
And the answer to the questions: -

1) Who creates the DoD?
2) Who is responsible for Dod?

Are 1 & 2 the same?

03:59 pm January 19, 2017

Scrum Teams can be part of large organizations which have a stake in the quality of the products being developed. An agile team isn't necessarily garage startups, and they can have a duty to parent organuzations in terms of quality, risk control and observing strategic direction.

Hence the first place to go for a Definition of Done ought to be the organization itself. It may have standards that need to be observed with regard to branding, legislation, contractual conditions or any number of other factors. A team may augment that standard with their own criteria.

07:36 pm January 19, 2017

Scrum team is responsible for creating of DoD

11:35 pm January 23, 2017

Posted By Upendra Srivastava on 19 Jan 2017 07:36 PM
Scrum team is responsible for creating of DoD

Sorry, but I don't agree:
' If "done" for an increment is not a convention of the development organization, the Development Team of the Scrum Team must define a definition of “done” appropriate for the product.'