Skip to main content

What are the next steps as an AGILE BA?

Last post 02:16 pm August 31, 2023 by Ian Mitchell
1 reply
11:20 am August 31, 2023

I have a lot of questions with regards to becoming an AGILE BA.

I will be working on an EPIC very soon. However, in the meantime, the product owner has assigned me a number of user stories to work on. These are within the 'TO DO' column on KANBAN.

What do I do when they are in the TO DO column?

After I have completed what would have been needed to do on the story, what is the next step after that?

When it comes to changing the status of a story who does that? myself or the product owner?

Do I need to reassign a story to a tech/dev person once I have completed working on the story or?

Are there any liaising I need to do with the users/stakeholders within the 'TO DO' part? Or would this have already been covered off by the product owner?

Just looking for a clear and concise logical flow of what and how the process would be/looks like working on a story and how it flows through/who changes what on the status/ etc , etc

Many thanks!!!

02:16 pm August 31, 2023

Just looking for a clear and concise logical flow of what and how the process would be/looks like working on a story and how it flows through/who changes what on the status/ etc , etc

Good. Now, who else on your team is looking for that transparency over workflow and for explicit policies which they can observe? Only the team can define, own, and manage it.

Beyond that, my advice is to remember that work ought to be pulled rather than assigned, the team ought to have a clear commitment point in that workflow, and the increments produced ought to be of a Done and immediately usable quality so empirical feedback is obtained.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.