Skip to main content

A question on how to keep up with the activity in this forum.

Last post 06:36 pm September 7, 2023 by Daniel Wilhite
2 replies
08:38 pm September 5, 2023

I've been posting responses to this site for years.  During that time, I have been visiting the site almost daily to see new activity.  I'm curious about how others that post frequently keep up with the activity on the site.  Do you visit often? Have you found a way to get notified of updates?  What is your secret?

10:21 pm September 5, 2023

The lack of notifications makes keeping up-to-date with things here a lot more difficult than other places that I'm a member, but I've got a few tools to help.

For new threads, I use an RSS service. Personally, I use Blogtrottr to convert RSS feeds to digest emails. Depending on what you like, there are other services out there to subscribe to and get notifications from feeds. I only subscribe to one feed, and that's the feed for new threads from https://www.scrum.org/forum/scrum-forum/rss.xml. I also subscribe to the Scrum.org blog this way.

Whenever I end up on Scrum.org (either from a new forum thread or a new blog post), I usually pop by the forums, too, and check on anything that has a new reply. The hard part is that I don't always remember if I participated in the discussion or not. Following up with new threads or finding old posts that I've made is the hardest part, and I really don't have a good solution for that piece of the problem and narrowing down anything new to anything new that I've participated in.

03:10 pm September 6, 2023

I had thought about using a RSS service but since I couldn't find anything on the site about an feed existing, I didn't pursue it any further.  I should have known better.  <where is that face palm emoji?> 

Thanks, I have set it up and will see how it goes. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.