Skip to main content

PSM I passed (1st attempt, 98%)

Last post 03:47 pm February 22, 2017 by Carlos Sánchez García
4 replies
01:28 pm February 16, 2017

Hi everybody,

I just cleared the PSM I certification with 98%, and I want to thank all people of this forum to share such valuable advice.

This is the study work that I have done:

• Read Scrum Guide multiple times (reading again after Open Assesment practice it's very important, you can undestant a lot of more subjects)
  • Read Scrum Narrative & PSM Exam Guide by Mohammed Musthafa & practice all tests (the final model assesment is very good to improve your understanding through practice)
  • Practice with Open Assesments until you could pass them in very few minutes and 95%-100% (first only PSM, then PO)
  • Practice Mikhail Lapshin quiz in learning mode 3 or 4 times and once in real mode (it's a perfect final step after be prepared to do the real exam, a fantastic resource)
  • Read and review the Scrum Glossary (it's very useful to be clear about key concepts)

I have read too "Essential Scrum by Keneth S. Rubin" and begin reading "Scrum a Pocket Guide by Gunther Verheyen", but I not recommend read them to pass the exam specially. I have enjoyed the subjects inside, but I think that you can take more advantage of this books after passing the exam. They are good books with great advice for the real Scrum practice, but the lasts days before take the test, it's better to focus in Scrum Guide + Open Assesments (quick & perfect results) + Mikhail quiz.

Now I am very excited to keep learning more and really begin the path in this fantastic framework.

Thanks again to this great community.

Carlos

04:32 am February 20, 2017

Dear Carlos,

Thank for your comments. I meet one probem when I practise Nexus on Open Assessments. When I finish, system does not show which answer is correct so that it is difficult for me to detect. Do you have any experience on this? Or do you know any Nexus Open Assessment link?

Thanks and Best Regards,

Yumi

03:21 pm February 21, 2017

Hello Yumi,

Thank you for your interest in Scrum, and for posting your inquiry on the forums. For future questions such as this, please don't hesitate to reach out to us at support@scrum.org.

Please note that the behavior you are experiencing is not a bug, but rather how the Nexus Open is designed to function. The Nexus Open only shows you the questions you answered incorrectly. It shows only the answers you chose, but does not tell you the correct answer like the other Open Assessments. In the case of a multiple-answer question, your results show all of the answers you selected, and whether or not those answer options were correct. Any additional correct answer options are not displayed.

Our other Open Assessments are at a more basic level, and are designed as a learning tool to help people understand the roles, rules, and underlying concepts of the Scrum framework. They also provide study assistance when preparing for our Level I assessments. We provide detailed feedback with specific questions and answers on these assessments to help people grow their knowledge of Scrum. The SPS Assessment is at a higher level, for people who already have a strong grasp and working knowledge of Scrum. As such, we feel this method of displaying feedback is at an appropriate level for the assessment.

I hope we were able to address your inquiry. We wish you the best of luck in your continued journey in Scrum, and hope you enjoy your day!

06:23 am February 22, 2017

Dear SCRUM Support,

Thank for your useful answer. Thank you so much. I wish you all have a great day also.

Best Regards,

Yumi

01:49 pm February 22, 2017

Hi Yumi, l no have a lot of experience about Nexus, and the Open Assesments working like you said (and the Nexus Guide) is the only approach that I have had.

Thanks to the Scrum Support Team for the answer, hopping to improve myself in learning to achieve higher levels of Scrum :D

Regards,

Carlos

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.