Skip to main content

Bachelor regarding SCRUM management

Last post 07:47 pm February 27, 2017 by Falk Kagelmacher
3 replies
09:13 am February 23, 2017

Hello scrum community. 

I'm a student on the IT-University in Denmark and i'm currently working on my bachelor assignment, which is about agile project management and scrum. I will be observing a larger company that is in the process of implementing scrum and they have already tried once but failed, and is now trying again. I will be observing the scrummasters way of implementing scrum to see what challenges that will arise and maybe come up with changes or suggestions to ease their process. 

I'm asking you what experiences you have with this kind of challenge and if you know of any culprits i should looked out for. Also do you of some relevant litteratur for this kind of assignment? I will be making my own litteratur research, but it's always a good idea to ask some experienced minds for some guidance.

I hope to get some good pointers from you guys.

07:39 am February 24, 2017

There is material on agilepatterns.org which may be of some use.

05:44 pm February 27, 2017

If  a scrum team is self organizing and cross functional, or if the organization can form the scrum teams with these qualities, definitely, they will  be successful in scrum. 

Picking a cross functional team is not a bigger task(it is a big though) but making them self organizing is a bigger one. read some blogs on how to make teams self organizing.

as everyone say - Learning scrum is easy. Practicing is difficult.

05:55 pm February 27, 2017

Dear Mathias, there was big news recently in our German press. Apperantly our "Arbeitsagentur" tried to develop a new software for internal use - using agile method. It seems, they spent a few years and some 60 Mio Euro and they failed. News said, that they cancelled the project. If you understand some German, than this might be a source:

https://www.heise.de/newsticker/meldung/60-Millionen-Euro-versenkt-Bundesagentur-fuer-Arbeit-stoppt-IT-Projekt-ROBASO-3627866.html

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.