Skip to main content

PSM I after PSPOI

Last post 05:54 pm November 16, 2023 by Michael Wroblewski
2 replies
08:18 am November 4, 2023

Hello there,

I am currently working as a Product Manager in software development. New processes lead me to the role of a PO, and i worked in that role for almost 6 months. As i was not familiar with scrum at all, i decided to book a course and learn more about scrum and the role of a PO in a scrum team. Two days ago i took the PSPO I certification and scored over 90%. As i want to learn more about scrum i am currently enjoying a PSM course and i want to get the PSM I certification, just as i like it and want to learn more about scrum and want to adopt the framework more into my work space, and of course personal value too. Has someone ever done the psm after pspo ?

Best regards,

Michael

12:45 pm November 5, 2023

Hi Michael,

People approach Scrum.org learning and certifications in all sorts of different orders depending on their interest and or need.

PSPO I is more about product management, product ownership and the Product Owner accountability, with light touches on Scrum. PSM I gets into more detail about Scrum (and of course the Scrum Master accountability) and the PSM I exam is very much about your understanding of the Scrum Guide. I think it is beneficial to have this expanded knowledge as PO. Similarly, as a Scrum Master I have gone down the PSPO path along with the other paths to keep expanding my knowledge and perspective to help me in improving as a Scrum Master. 

All the best with your journey of discovery and learning!

09:59 am November 16, 2023

Hey Ryan,
thank you for your answer. I am currently preparing for PSM I exam.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.