User Stories vs Product
I have this situation. My team and I are working on an application that allows the customers of a company, go through a registration process that takes 3 steps to be completed. (Forms, Review, Decision). It is an application web and we display at least 3 elements.
- A milestone tracker
- A box listing all the documents that have been requested to the customer
- A box listing all the documents that have been received from the customer.
We have user stories:
- For only the tracker, and the test cases are written according to what we have in the story.
- For only the documents requested, and the test cases are written according to what we have in the story.
- For only the documents received from the customer.
In my opinion, all these user stories make sense when for example the registration process is in a certain status Pending: in this case, the milestone tracker will highlight the step in which the process is for the user, the requested documents will be displayed (or not), the received documents will be displayed or not.
My doubt is: Should we create test cases in order to see how the 3 elements are displayed? that is not happening and I'm new to the team, plus the fact that the product is almost completed. So I wanted to ask you and get an external opinion, as I think my thoughts could be biased?
Thank you very much!