Skip to main content

User Stories vs Product

Last post 09:26 am May 17, 2017 by Maria Linares
No replies yet
09:26 am May 17, 2017

Hi All,

I have this situation. My team and I are working on an application that allows the customers of a company, go through a registration process that takes 3 steps to be completed. (Forms, Review, Decision). It is an application web and we display at least 3 elements.

- A milestone tracker

- A box listing all the documents that have been requested to the customer

- A box listing all the documents that have been received from the customer.

We have user stories:

- For only the tracker, and the test cases are written according to what we have in the story.

- For only the documents requested, and the test cases are written according to what we have in the story.

- For only the documents received from the customer.

In my opinion, all these user stories make sense when for example the registration process is in a certain status Pending: in this case, the milestone tracker will highlight the step in which the process is for the user, the requested documents will be displayed (or not), the received documents will be displayed or not.

My doubt is: Should we create test cases in order to see how the 3 elements are displayed? that is not happening and I'm new to the team, plus the fact that the product is almost completed. So I wanted to ask you and get an external opinion, as I think my thoughts could be biased?

Thank you very much!

Mariale. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.