Skip to main content

Just passed PSM Level One with score of 96% - First Try

Last post 01:43 pm May 30, 2017 by Navin Seth
1 reply
07:44 am May 28, 2017

Hi,

I wanted to share my success story tonight where I just passed my PSM Level 1 assessment test with a score of 96%. For those of you trying to obtain your assessment here are some pointers that I followed that may help you in your Scrum Journey:

1) Read the Scrum Guide and try to provide some real life scenarios to it's concepts. If you are in an organization that is using Scrum perhaps you can compare their processes with the Scrum Guide and see where things are either flawed or just not being followed correctly. I found that most of the time this is the case due to real life scenarios and situations. This may help you answer the "Situational" type of questions that are on the exam. 

2) Do the Scrum.org Open Assessment test. You will see some questions on the real assessment from there. These should be the ones you get right!! NO EXCUSES!

3) Take a Scrum Fundamentals course or watch the Pluralsight online course of "Scrum Fundamentals". I did both but since I did the in-person course first, the online course was just a quick refresher for me. 

4) Read the scrum guide again until you understand the concepts and not just memorize them!

Things to avoid:

- I would avoid doing too much practice questions that you might find on the web since I believe most of the answers are opinionated and may skew your own learning curve. 

Good luck and can't wait to hear your success stories !!!

Navin Seth

07:45 am May 28, 2017

5) Scrum.Org forum!! Lots of people sharing their experience and providing useful tips and pointers!

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.