Skip to main content

PSM Asessment

Last post 07:28 am July 7, 2017 by Michiel Kamp
6 replies
10:35 am June 29, 2017

Hi all, in some of the posts I read you need to prepare yourself for the PSM I Assessment by taking the open assessments for Nexus Open, Product Owner Open & Developer Open. Is it necessary to have the knowledge about Nexus, Product Owner and Developer to pass the PSM I Assessment? As this is a Scrum master Assessment.....

05:20 am June 30, 2017

It is not necessary to have the knowledge about Nexus, Product Owner and Developer to pass the PSM I Assessment but some folks have mentioned that they got a question or two from these topics as well. There is no harm in perfecting these as they will give another perspective on Scrum from a point of view of PO and Developer.

10:58 am June 30, 2017

Thanks!

I took the open assessment for developer and there were a lot of specific developer questions (code coverage, continuous integration, test first development, automated building, refactoring code etc) that I had no clue about.

05:16 am July 3, 2017

True but without knowing those things it will not give you a broader perspective on what are the different common ways you implement different areas of product development. Suppose if you do not know anything technically then how will you be able to help remove technical impediments for the team ?

You need not be a hardcore technical developer for that but knowing these things will certainly help to become an effective Scrum master in my view.

04:41 pm July 6, 2017

Ankit, Can you share the training book name for PSM 1 training

Thanks

Ravi

04:20 am July 7, 2017

Hi Ravi,

There is none :-)

Just read Scrum guide multiple times, do all Scrum.org assessments daily with 100% success and try out Mikhail's real mode http://mlapshin.com/index.php/psm-quiz/real-mode/, once you start getting close to 100% then you are ready.

07:28 am July 7, 2017

That is good advice from Ankit and basically what I did too. I also watched and read some other info but only that what was written by Ken Schwaber or Ken Sutherland themselves. All other information tends to be unreliable and contradicting.

I only scanned the Nexus guide and didn't do that assessment. I did the other 3 assessments here and got all at 100% except the developer one. But for that one I on the scrum process related questions to get them right.

This turned out to be enough for me to pass the exam pretty easily.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.