Skip to main content

Passed the PSM I with 92.5%; My first attempt

Last post 09:13 pm July 5, 2017 by Pushap kamal
3 replies
11:37 am June 29, 2017

Hi All,

I have  passed the  PSM I assessment with 92.5% score at  my first attempt. First of all would like to thank all contributors of this forum for the valuable posts which really helped me a lot. I have more than 2 years experience as SCRUM Master (My role was changed overnight from Project Manager to Scrum Master when the management decided to make my project as pilot agile project in the organisation). We were trying our best to enact Scrum (or ScrumBut sometimes). My 2 cents for exam-prep....

1. Go through the Scrum guide 4-5 times.  Each time you will discover insights which you earlier  overlooked. Scrum guide is very concise hence require  a lot of attention and detailed reading. The sections on roles and responsibilities should be read with extra attention.

2. Take the Open Assessment till  you get 100% 3-4 times in a row, but don't  take it too many times as the questions do not vary much and you will end up remembering the answers.

3. I also undertook  a skillsoft online course as I had the subscription, It was quite interesting (Burndown/Burnup charts etc) but don't think it is required to pass the exam.

4. I also used apps for flash cards, but didn't find it of much use.

5. Took the  Mikhail Lapshin quiz 2-3 times, Really helpful in identifying the  sections of Scrum Guide you need to revise again.  (Came to know about this exam through this Forum. Thanks to all)

6. Will recommend that you go through the Forum discussions; Almost all the questions of the exam have been discussed in the forum (which you do not find in the Open Assessment).

7. The most valuable suggestion that I received from this forum was " Do Not Over Prepare".

8. Forgot to mention, take the PSPO I Open assessment to see things from different perspective.

Exam tips:

1. The actual exam will be quite different (and difficult) from the practice exam.

2. Exam will 6-8 questions from practice exam, you can improve your score and also save time if you quickly answer these.

3. The time consuming and difficult questions appeared early in the exam (in the first 10), Do NOT waste too much time time on these  and use the bookmark feature. You can later refer to these in the scrum guide or any other material as the exam is an Open book one.

4. There is not negative marking, so do attempt all the questions.

5. Read all options, sometimes more than one option sounds correct, choose the best one out of these.

Finally thanks all for making this forum so informative. Scrum on...

09:02 pm June 29, 2017

Hello Pushap,

Regarding point 6, please note that we monitor the forums closely, and prohibit the posting of our assessment questions and answers. This can be seen in our Terms of Use below. 

Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content.

03:22 am June 30, 2017

Got my PSM I pass with 98% in first attempt. I was tempted to take the easier CMS path but glad that I gave 3 days of my time. I have worked in a AGILE team as a Analyst for a year in 2014.. so it was easy to relate.. Will look forward for PSM II but I know for that you need real working experience as a SCRUM MASTER .. :)

06:32 am July 5, 2017

What I mean to say for Point 6 is that the scenarios related to scenario based questions have been discussed extensively in the forum. No where in the forum, can one find direct questions and answers.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.