Skip to main content

looking for investigations about the impact of agile methods to the motivation

Last post 06:18 pm February 17, 2021 by Eric Naiburg
4 replies
07:15 am July 14, 2017

Hello,

I'd never have written a question in such a blog before and be quite unsure how to start...

At the moment I'm writing my Bachelor Thesis. Therefore, I'm looking for any scientific investigations about the Impact of agile methods to the motivation and willingness to perform of employees.

Do you know any investigations regarding this or a familiar topic?

Thanks for your help and support!

Annika

10:43 pm July 14, 2017

Annika,

While I am not aware of the exact piece work you need, I would recommend that you had a look at the recent book written by Jeff Sutherland on Scrum. It's called "Scrum: The Art of Doing Twice The Work in Half the Time".

It's not about the Scrum framework, but much more about how Scrum can be used in several different ways, outside of the IT universe.

It's not the answer to what you seem to be looking for, but it can be helpful.

Cheers.

08:14 am July 15, 2017

Thanks Demerson!

05:30 am February 17, 2021

There are some positive things you have written, but stoicism can be another band aid if you have a mental illness, such as anxiety and depression. The willingness to endure pain is not always significant. Mental disease is a complicated disease consisting of multiple factors that are not well known by many. The solutions also mix multiple aspects through creativity and mistakes. 

As a product of OCD and depression, I have suffered a lot myself. I handle others as a piece of crap with compassion and empathy. I've been therapy for years, exercise, healthy food, medicine, meditation, every day ect. My brain still works against me, while I have made several advances. Usually, you must suffer from it yourself to understand mental wellbeing. The easiest way to cope with anxiety and depression is to seek clinical assistance.

06:18 pm February 17, 2021

There are some interesting blogs and videos on how people have used Scrum to help their families when it comes to some things like ADHD and Asperger's here.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.