Skip to main content

More security features should be added to Scrum certificate Anyone can morph it !

Last post 07:51 pm February 25, 2019 by Eric Naiburg
4 replies
06:05 am July 31, 2017

I just cleared my PSM 1 certification and the certificate i got has my 'FIRST' and 'LAST' name , DATE and badge and sign. If any company wants to check if a person has done certification anyone with same First and Last name can create their own certificate and even get listed in 'Search professional Scrum certificate Holders' link. (If person with similar first and last name have done certification) e.g try RAKESH PATEL

There should be provision to look it more authentic and legit where if person had faked it should be caught. For example : A unique certificate number should be displayed on Certificate and unique certificate ID should be generated in backend. So if recuriter or anyone wants to perform authenticity of certificate.

Scrum.org should ask for Certificate Number (which will be anyway public) + Certificate ID (Which should be with the certificate holder only). Keying this information on website should provide the result of the person certification. This is important change you need to bring in ! What say

04:21 pm July 31, 2017

Hello Vipul,

Thank you for your post, and congratulations on having earned your PSM I credential!

Our certificates are not numbered, but if individuals wish to have a License Number, they may use their Scrum.org member ID. In your case, that number is: 227828

The certification URL should be your member profile: 
https://www.scrum.org/user/227828 

We appreciate your feedback, and hope our answer with regards to certificate numbers is satisfactory.

07:10 pm July 31, 2017

Vipul,

A method you can use to prevent people who share your name from piggybacking off your certificates is to provide link-backs to other profiles.  You can see my profile for an example, where I currently direct back to other profiles on third-party sites.  If someone arrives to my page from someone else claiming to be me, then a quick click on the links in my profile will verify that I'm a different person.  Adding a profile picture on this site may provide similar benefits.

As Scrum Support mentioned, you should be providing your profile ID whenever possible, instead of the "paper certificate" or relying on the search engine alone.  Neither of those tools are meant to verify authenticity, and shouldn't be used that way.

Ultimately it's up to employers to do their due diligence.  An employer who won't verify a link-back or who uses the search tool but doesn't click the results, probably isn't going to verify a certificate ID either.

05:55 pm February 25, 2019

Please make room for individuals to include their middle name or middle initial  on the certificate. 

07:51 pm February 25, 2019

Hello Sholape, you can add your middle initial in your profile after your first name before taking the exam. If you have already taken it, please contact support@scrum.org and they can update your certificate. 

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.