Skip to main content

Sprint Backlog

Last post 07:52 pm August 11, 2017 by Nicolas Aguilera
5 replies
07:12 pm August 5, 2017

HI All,

I have two basic question and request someone to provide details on that.

1. I am a little confused whether changes can be made during the Sprint or not,as far as i know once the sprint starts changes cannot be made but in the Scrum guide I read that negotiation can happen between dev team & Product owner as more work emerges.

2. when does the sprint end.....after the sprint review or after the retrospective

03:16 am August 8, 2017

Hi,

1) changes can be made during the Sprint. New work can be added; work deemed as unnecessary is removed. It is the Development Team who modifies de Sprint Backlog.

2) the Sprint is the container for all other events. Thus, the Sprint ends when the retrospective ends.

Regards,

Pablo

07:41 am August 8, 2017

Thanks so much for clearing the confusion......Pablo

--Regards,

kanishk

09:09 am August 8, 2017

The Development Team may add or remove work from the Sprint Backlog if it helps them to better meet the Sprint Goal. The Sprint Backlog is a forecast of the work thought to be necessary, and it ought to be kept up to date. 

For examination purposes the Sprint should be considered to end when the time-box for it expires. 

09:55 am August 9, 2017

Work is added or removed from the Sprint Backlog by the Development Team, as Ian said. However, if adding or removing work means adding or removing PBIs from the Sprint Backlog, a conversation with the Product Owner is necessary.

12:43 am August 11, 2017

So if I understood, after the Sprint Planning is finished, the Sprint Backlog is block to add more Product Backlog Items, but is open to add more work (or tasks) if Development Team need it.

Im right?

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.