Professional Scrum with Kanban Amsterdam, Dec 3-4, 2019
We all know these principles of the Scrum Framework; try to make Product Backlog Items as small as possible, limit your 'work on progress'. It sounds so simple. But many Scrum Teams find this incredibly challenging. That is why Scrum.org has developed the Professional Scrum with Kanban (PSK)-course. This course is here to help Scrum Teams optimize their flow and - as a result - become more predictable and reliable.
The Professional Scrum with Kanban™ (PSK) is a 2-day course that teaches Scrum practitioners how to apply Kanban practices to their work. Through theory, case studies, and hands-on exercises, participants will understand the importance of transparency and flow as it pertains to the Scrum framework.
Scrum.org worked with Daniel Vacanti (ActionableAgile) and Yuval Yeret (PST) to create this course. Daniel has been heavily involved with the development of Kanban since 2007 and managed the world's first project implementation of Kanban.
In this class, students will learn how Scrum Teams can introduce additional practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working today with Scrum, all without losing the value team's receive from Scrum.
Price: EUR 1495
What you will learn
Students will learn how their Scrum Teams can introduce complementary practices from Kanban while continuing the way they are already working with Scrum, all without changing Scrum. In this class, students will:
- Gain a clear understanding of how flow works within the context of Scrum.
- Be introduced to Kanban practices that Scrum Teams can adapt to help improve their effectiveness and efficiency.
- Understand how to effectively use the appropriate Kanban practices without changing Scrum.
- Learn a practical approach to improving transparency and visibility for their work.
- Dispelling Common Myths
- Understanding Professional Scrum
- Kanban Theory, Principles and Practices
- Kanban in Practice
- Scrum with Kanban
Who Should Attend
Professional Scrum with Kanban is appropriate for practitioners who are looking for additional tools to improve their Scrum teams.
Assessment & Certification
Upon course completion, attendees will have the opportunity to take an online assessment of their skills and earn their Professional Scrum with Kanban I (PSK I) certification.
In class, you will learn the importance of inspection, adaptation, and fast feedback cycles. To reinforce those concepts, if you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost.
What Is Included
- Printed course materials
- Breakfast and lunch both days
- One free attempt at the PSK I assessment (does not expire) - a $150 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSK I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85% you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- An invitation to join the Scrum Retrospective – a quarterly meetup in the Netherlands for participants of all our courses. The Retrospective helps you achieve your learning goals, build networks and learn from other excellent Scrum Masters;
- A useful book to further support you in your journey and the materials used during the training;
About Our Trainers
Scrum.org maintains a defined curriculum for the Professional Scrum courses and selects only the most qualified instructors to deliver them. Each Professional Scrum Trainer is a practitioner and brings their experiences and areas of expertise to bear, but all students learn the same core course content. This consistency and quality helps students effectively apply Scrum in their organizations.
What Our Students Are Saying
- "This class is great for teams that want to add Kanban practices within their Scrum teams' context. The addition of Kanban principles and practices to the toolbox of teams gives them extra ways of improving the way they deliver products to their customer without having to let go of successful Scrum practices."
- "Scrum.org has long been trusted by individuals and teams who want to find new opportunities and development for improving how they work in a professional environment, The Scrum with Kanban course is further proof of the continued commitment of Scrum.org to help strong Scrum Teams not toss out Scrum and lose its benefits, but rather increase the benefits of Scrum by embracing and extending Kanban thinking and processes."
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to The Liberators (email@example.com)
About The Liberators
As The Liberators, Barry Overeem and Christiaan Verwijs take a radical approach to organizational change. Rather than taking the lead, they empower people within organizations to drive change themselves. As facilitators, they create space where people can tackle difficult challenges together while also having fun. Inspired by the fields of complexity science and organizational psychology, they use frameworks like Scrum, Lean Change Management and Liberating Structures to deliver fast-paced interactions, high involvement, and creative destruction.
With a strong focus on radical transparency, an experiential approach and creating a shared purpose, they put organizations in a position to thrive on complexity rather than being defeated by it. Are you ready to leave your comfort zone and unleash your superpowers?
Check out some of our blog posts to get an impression of our ideas:
Volkshotel (not final)