Skip to main content

Does PSU still require completion of a course in order to take the exam?

Last post 05:01 pm February 9, 2020 by Eric Naiburg
3 replies
04:36 am February 8, 2020

I recall reading that it did however in reviewing the assessments area tonight I am starting to think that may have changed?

If a course is still required any idea when one will be offered in the Toronto, Ontario area? I looked in the schedule and didn't see one coming up.

05:43 am February 9, 2020

I've not heard any announcement about it, but I also took a look and it does seem it might have changed.

If the site lets you buy the code for the assessment on its own, then you presumably don't need to go on the course.

But I see you have PSM II and PSK I, so I'd particularly recommend the course if you get the chance, because irrespective of wanting to take the assessment, it's likely to help you view Scrum from a different perspective.

The course introduces concepts that stress test a few general assumptions about Scrum, such as what happens when the Development Team are responsible for validating hypotheses. Are "Done" and releasable the same thing?

06:06 am February 9, 2020

Thank-you for sharing the additional thoughts around the PSU course in your third and fourth paragraphs. Exactly what I was hoping to hear.

I am actually very interested in this course because I suspect the UX focus will change things somewhat (which I am interpreting your comments as agreeing with that thought). I've worked with a few product/projects where we have focused on UI/UX to help us prioritize feature value etc.

My wording on the course schedule was poor. Regardless of if I have to take a course I am very interested in knowing when the next one is scheduled in Toronto/South-western Ontario, possibly eastern Michigan, USA.

05:01 pm February 9, 2020

You no longer need to take the class to take the PSU assessment.  It has been made open to anyone as of a week or so ago.

By posting on our forums you are agreeing to our Terms of Use.

Please note that the first and last name from your Scrum.org member profile will be displayed next to any topic or comment you post on the forums. For privacy concerns, we cannot allow you to post email addresses. All user-submitted content on our Forums may be subject to deletion if it is found to be in violation of our Terms of Use. Scrum.org does not endorse user-submitted content or the content of links to any third-party websites.

Terms of Use

Scrum.org may, at its discretion, remove any post that it deems unsuitable for these forums. Unsuitable post content includes, but is not limited to, Scrum.org Professional-level assessment questions and answers, profanity, insults, racism or sexually explicit content. Using our forum as a platform for the marketing and solicitation of products or services is also prohibited. Forum members who post content deemed unsuitable by Scrum.org may have their access revoked at any time, without warning. Scrum.org may, but is not obliged to, monitor submissions.