Applying Professional Scrum is Scrum 101 and beyond!
The Applying Professional Scrum class is frequently overlooked when it comes to public classes. People tend to go for the Professional Scrum Master class or the Professional Scrum Product Owner class instead. And those are really great classes. That is… they’re great for those who already have an understanding of the Scrum framework.
What is the Applying Professional Scrum class?
Applying Professional Scrum is the best class to take for those who are either new to Scrum or who are on a Scrum team, but need to learn more about Scrum roles, artifacts and events. This is really "Scrum 101 and beyond".
Some of the topics discussed in the Applying Professional Scrum class include:
- Did you know that the Scrum team should create a Sprint goal at every Sprint planning meeting?
- Did you know that the Developers should deliver a done, usable Increment at least once per Sprint?
- Did you know that the Product Owner’s accountability is to maximize the value of the Product, but he or she can delegate the creation of Product Backlog Items to the Developers?
If you answered “no” to any of these questions, you might benefit from the Applying Professional Scrum class.
What’s the big deal with skipping Applying Professional Scrum?
Without a firm grounding in the Scrum framework, it can be a challenge to get the most out of courses such as Professional Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Product Owner. While there is no required prerequisite to participate in any Scrum.org course, participants will get much more out of courses like Professional Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Product Owner if they have first participated in the Applying Professional Scrum class or if they have a firm grounding in the Scrum framework, either through formal training or through participation on a high performing team. The Applying Professional Scrum class challenges some of the misconceptions about Scrum and helps participants challenge themselves in an environment designed to deepen their understanding of the Scrum framework.
If you have not had any formal training in Scrum or if you are a new Scrum practitioner, consider the Applying Professional Scrum class as your introduction to the Scrum framework. The Applying Professional Scrum class is the best way to prepare you to participate as a high performing member on a Scrum team and is also the best way to ensure that you get the most from other Scrum.org classes such as Professional Scrum Master or Professional Scrum Product Owner.
What to learn more about Scrum?
Signup for one of Rebel Scrum’s upcoming classes:
- Applying Professional Scrum
- Introductory class for those new to Scrum
- Professional Scrum Master
- Geared towards Scrum Masters coaching teams
- Professional Scrum Master II
- Advanced class for Scrum Masters
- Professional Agile Leadership
- For leaders and managers of Agile teams
- Professional Scrum Product Owner
- For Product Owners