Suggested Reading for Professional Scrum Product Owner™ I
The PSPO I assessment includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies.
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Empiricism, Roles, Events, Artifacts, Done.
- Developing People and Teams:
- Self-Organizing Teams, Leadership.
- Managing Products with Agility:
- Forecasting & Release Planning, Product Vision, Product Value, Product Backlog Management, Business Strategy, Stakeholders & Customers.
Your primary study resource should be the Product Owner Learning Path. In addition you may find the find The Professional Product Owner by Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham helpful.
Additional Books about Scrum and Product Ownership:
The Scrum Framework
- The Scrum Guide
- Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle
- Scrum – A Pocket Guide by Gunther Verheyen
Scrum Theory and Principles
- The New New Product Development Game by Hirotaka Takeuchi and Ikujiro Nonak
- A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making by David J. Snowden and Mary E. Boone
- The Leader's Guide to Radical Management: Reinventing the Workplace for the 21st Century by Stephen Denning
Cross-functional, Self-organizing Teams
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams by Tom DeMarco and Tim Lister
- Software in 30 Days: How Agile Managers Beat the Odds, Delight Their Customers, and Leave Competitors in the Dust by Ken Schwaber
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
Product Backlog Management
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn