Suggested Reading for Professional Scrum Product Owner™ I
Prove Your Knowledge of Product Ownership
PSPO I includes questions from the following Focus Areas as defined in the Professional Scrum Competencies.
- Understanding and Applying the Scrum Framework:
- Empiricism, Scrum Team, Events, Artifacts, Done
- Developing People and Teams:
- Self-Managing Teams
- Managing Products with Agility:
- Forecasting & Release Planning, Product Vision, Product Value, Product Backlog Management, Business Strategy, Stakeholders & Customers
Where to begin
- Be very familiar with the Scrum Guide.
- Your primary study resource should be the Product Owner Learning Path
- Since the Product Owner works very closely with the Scrum Master and the Developers, it will be beneficial to become familiar with material in the Scrum Master Learning Path
- Review the valuable series of articles, blogs, videos and more that pertain to the 2020 version of the Scrum Guide released on November 18, 2020.
- In addition, you may find the The Professional Product Owner by Don McGreal and Ralph Jocham helpful.
Additional Books about Scrum and Product Ownership:
The Scrum Framework
- The Scrum Guide
- Agile Software Development with Scrum by Ken Schwaber and Mike Beedle
- Scrum – A Pocket Guide by Gunther Verheyen
Scrum Theory and Principles
- The New New Product Development Game by Hirotaka Takeuchi and Ikujiro Nonaka
- A Leader’s Framework for Decision Making by David J. Snowden and Mary E. Boone
- The Leader's Guide to Radical Management: Reinventing the Workplace for the 21st Century by Stephen Denning
Cross-functional, Self-organizing Teams
- The Five Dysfunctions of a Team: A Leadership Fable by Patrick Lencioni
- Drive: The Surprising Truth About What Motivates Us by Daniel H. Pink
- Peopleware: Productive Projects and Teams by Tom DeMarco and Tim Lister
- Software in 30 Days: How Agile Managers Beat the Odds, Delight Their Customers, and Leave Competitors in the Dust by Ken Schwaber
- The Lean Startup: How Today's Entrepreneurs Use Continuous Innovation to Create Radically Successful Businesses by Eric Ries
Product Backlog Management
- User Stories Applied: For Agile Software Development by Mike Cohn
- Agile Estimating and Planning by Mike Cohn