Professional Scrum Master
Live Virtual Class, March 22-24, 2023
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is the cutting-edge course for Scrum Masters and any leader supporting a product team's effectiveness. This course covers the Scrum basics, including the principles and theory underpinning the mechanics, rules, and roles of the Scrum framework. Based on these foundational insights, you will learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity, and the total cost of ownership of products. In addition, advanced thinking tools are introduced to support servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and addressing the organization.
You will learn through interactive instruction and team-based exercises and will be challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to understand better how to apply them to benefit your organization, teams, and products.
This highly interactive class is delivered virtually over three 5-hour sessions! This allows you to balance the course with your work and enables high focus and deep learning during class time.
Private classes and group discounts are available - reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
This course material will be covered throughout three sessions that build on each other:
- Wednesday, March 22nd 9:00am to 2:00pm Eastern
- Thursday, March 23rd 9:00am to 2:00pm Eastern
- Friday, March 24th 9:00am to 2:00pm Eastern
Why Take This Class from Mark?
- Shorter sessions across more days gives your brain space to process
- Engaging, fun exercises designed for you
- I’ve been in your shoes in multiple contexts, so learn from my failures and successes
- I combine principles (why) with practices (what + how)
- 25 years of experience in a breadth of roles:
- Software Engineer
- Business Analyst
- Scrum Master
- Agile Coach
- Professional Coach
- Team Lead
- Practice Manager
- National Agile Lead for a Fortune 500 company
What Our Students Are Saying
- "Mark's hands-on experience helping organizations implement Scrum comes across clearly in his teachings. Great instructor, great material, great tools, very thorough."
- "We're so glad we selected Mark as our PSM trainer. Each question, no matter how niche, has been met with insight and nuance that seamlessly relates real-world situations back to the course material."
- "Mark is passionate about Scrum, which makes him a fantastic teacher. I learned so much in our digital class. Thank you for all of the insight and knowledge!!"
- "Fantastic instructor. Patient, kind. Relevant information. Perfectly executed explanation of information that may be difficult to digest."
- "Loved the exercises! They kept the learning real and applicable."
- "Real-life examples were so helpful and showed how to solve problems while staying true to the framework."
- "I would take another class with Mark in a heartbeat."
Class Pricing Options
- Best Deal Price: USD 1095 until 4 weeks before the start date
- Early Bird Price: USD 1295 until 2 weeks before the start date
- Regular Price: USD 1495
Registration & Price
Registration for this class has closed
Professional Scrum Master (PSM) is the cutting-edge course for Scrum Masters and any leader supporting a software development team's efficiency and effectiveness. This course covers the Scrum basics, including the principles and theory underpinning the mechanics, rules, and roles of the Scrum framework. Based on these foundational insights, attendees learn how to use Scrum to optimize value, productivity, and the total cost of ownership of software products. In addition, advanced thinking tools are introduced to support servant-leadership and behavioral shifts, working with people and teams, coaching and facilitation, and addressing the organization.
Students learn through interactive instruction and team-based exercises, and are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to understand better what to do when returning to the workplace.
What Is Covered?
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum framework: roles, rules, and artifacts
- Done and undone work
- Product delivery with Scrum
- Working with people and teams
- The role of the Scrum Master
In this course, students will:
- Have a clear understanding of the mechanics of Scrum and their coherence from the empirical foundation of Scrum.
- Explore how to be a Scrum Master for Scrum Teams and stakeholders based on an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership
- Understand the challenges and criticality of effectively starting Scrum or increasing its effectiveness.
Who Should Attend?
The Professional Scrum Master course targets Scrum Masters, but the lessons apply to anyone in a role that supports a software development team’s efficiency, effectiveness, and continual improvement. If you are a leader in the successful use and/or rollout of Scrum in a project or enterprise, this course is likely to be a good fit.
Attendees will be able to make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required)
- Have taken the Scrum Open (free online assessment)
- Understand the basics of project management
- Understand requirements and requirements decomposition
- Have been on or closely involved with a project that builds or enhances a product
- Want to know more about how Scrum works, how to use it, and how to implement it in an organization
Will This Help Me Pass the Assessment?
The Professional Scrum Master I is a challenging assessment with a mix of knowledge and application questions that move beyond just facts about Agile and Scrum. By being fully present in this class, you will gain the confidence and tools you will need to be best prepared to pass the assessment.
How will we do this?
- Deep, experiential learning about the theory and principles that the assessment is based on
- Dedicated time throughout class to prepare for the assessment
- Actionable steps for post-class readiness of the assessment
- Curated list of additional preparatory materials
- Free re-attempt if you take and fail the assessment within 14 days of the class (only available for students of the PSM class)
- A one-hour follow-up session for additional guidance and help with difficult scenarios
Through these steps and your deep engagement in class, we are confident you’ll have what you need to pass the assessment and join the ranks of Professional Scrum Masters!
What Is Included?
- Soft copy of course materials
- Up to two free attempts at the PSM I assessment (does not expire) - a $150 value
- If you attend this Scrum.org class and attempt the PSM I certification assessment within 14 days but do not achieve a score of at least 85%, you will be given a 2nd attempt at no cost
- One discounted attempt at the PSM II assessment (does not expire) - normally $250, discounted to $150
- Optional add-on: Our Platinum Package gives you two hours of Live Virtual Coaching with your instructor (who has been in your shoes and helps agilists every day). Interested? When checking out, select the $400 Platinum Student Package add-on. Or contact us at email@example.com with any questions.
About The Trainer
Mark Wavle has been licensed to teach Scrum.org courses since 2016, having taken the PSM class from Ken Schwaber. Since then, he has taught thousands of students in hundreds of Scrum.org classes: Applying Professional Scrum (APS), Professional Scrum Master (PSM), Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II), Professional Agile Leadership Essentials (PAL-E), and Professional Agile Leadership - Evidence-Based Management (PAL-EBM) - excellent, impactful courses that are well-maintained by the community of trainers.
He has worked at and with Fortune 500 companies, regional organizations, and non-profits in a variety of industries and in roles as diverse as National Agile Lead, Practice Manager, Director, Leadership Coach, Scrum Master, Agile Coach, Trainer, and course designer.
Why Engage with Unstuck?
Unlock the potential of your teams and organizations with Unstuck! Our agilists provide the expertise and insights you need to help you move past the roadblocks in your way. Reach for new heights and become more agile with Unstuck - get out of a rut and on the path to success.
We have deep experience and a breadth of offerings. We offer a full range of training, coaching, and strategic consulting services.
We meet you where you are. We evaluate where you are on your journey, provide valuable ‘aha’ moments, and help you get unstuck in your agility.
Everything we do, we can teach; everything we teach, we can do. Our mission is to enable your success in developing and delivering valuable products by teaching you to own your agility.
Ways we empower organizations’ agility include:
- Health Check: Doing some things well with Agile and some things not so well? Gain outside perspective on your situation with specific, actionable recommendations through a four-week health check assessment.
- Team Formation or Relaunch: Starting teams off on the right foot has proven to be a key to long-term success. Team Formation is a set of highly interactive sessions that progress from training and workshops toward mentoring and facilitation in order to enable the team to take ownership of enacting new ways of working.
- Agile Foundations Workshop: Teams can be coached and given the tools to succeed, but without support from the larger ecosystem outside of the team, these efforts can fall flat. Through this one-day immersive workshop, leaders and stakeholders will walk away with a healthy understanding of how to engage with Agile teams for value-add work, understand the principles and purpose of agility, and explore how it benefits themselves and the organization.
For More Information
If you have further questions or want to inquire about private and/or on-site classes, custom courses, coaching, or group discounts, reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org or check out our website www.unstuckagile.com for more information.