Professional Scrum Master Brussels, Aug 29-30, 2022
I recall my first time in the role of Scrum Master… If not facilitating one of the Scrum Events, what can I do? I should not disturb the team members as they are doing their planned work. I cannot do a workshop with them, can I …? How can I facilitate them in better collaboration, in growing their cross-functionality, in living the Scrum Values more, in … What can I do???!
Long gone are these times. Fortunately.
Now I know better. Checking in with the Product Owner to see if and how she has shaped the Product Backlog so the upcoming Sprints have clear items in it. Checking in with leaders to indicate where I noticed interactions they had with the Scrum Team that were counterproductive and what they might do instead while still gaining the understanding they need. Facilitating team members to collaborate better towards their Sprint Goal, … Days filled with human interactions serving the Scrum Team.
And Sprint after Sprint noticing that indeed they learn and progress.
Why would you wait taking that next step towards this scenario?
This is possible, maybe not easy, but possible.
This is part of a professional use of the Scrum framework.
Professional Scrum Master™ (PSM) is an interactive, activity-based 2-day course that covers the principles and (empirical) process theory underpinning the Scrum framework. Students gain a strong understanding of professional Scrum and the role of the Scrum Master. This course is a combination of instruction and team-based exercises, and teaches what is at the heart of the Scrum and Agile movement. The course also includes a free attempt at the globally recognized Professional Scrum Master I certification exam (PSM I).
Price: EUR 1495
Early Bird Price: EUR 1295 until Aug 28, 2022
What you will learn
Students develop a deep understanding of the underlying principles of Scrum and the Agile mindset while learning the practices applied by successful Scrum Teams. Over the 2 days, students will see why PSM is the cutting-edge course for effective Scrum Masters and for anyone coaching a team toward increased efficiency and effectiveness. The course includes advanced thinking for servant-leadership and behavioral shifts.
Throughout the course, students are challenged to think in terms of the Scrum principles to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace.
The PSM course is much more than just a set of slides and an instructor. In this course, students work on real-life cases with other classmates together as a team. This course is made up of discussions and hands-on exercises based upon real-life cases. Added to this, the trainer brings his experiences and stories to the class and uses his skills as professional trainers to deliver the material using his own unique delivery style. The result is an engaging, enjoyable learning experience where students gain a deep understanding of Scrum theory and principles.
- Scrum theory and principles
- The Scrum Framework
- The Definition of Done
- Running a Scrum project
- Working with people and teams
- Scrum in your organization
- The role of the Scrum Master
Course Learning Objectives
- Students are challenged to think within the Scrum Framework and how each part of the Scrum framework ties back to the underlying values and principles, so as to better understand what to do when returning to the workplace and facing complex decisions.
- Students will have a clear understanding of what uncertainty and complexity bring in product delivery, and understand the meaning and importance of the Scrum Values to deal with these as a team.
- Students will have a clear understanding of the rules of Scrum through the empirical foundation of Scrum, and will understand the importance of self-managing teams and interpersonal skills needed to start up the continuous improvement cycle.
- Students can act as Scrum Masters for Scrum Teams and stakeholders from an in-depth understanding of servant-leadership, and will learn the skills, traits and behavior shifts required to be an effective Scrum Master.
- Students can effectively start using Scrum and increase the effectiveness of Scrum while underway
- Students leave this course with an appreciation for Professional Scrum, the agile mindset and how to deal with common myths and impediments to agility. They gain the knowledge and understanding about how to choose and apply the appropriate practices and techniques that will be most beneficial for their Scrum Teams.
Who should attend
The Professional Scrum Master course is appropriate for students in any industry where teams are working to solve complex problems. It is particularly beneficial for those people within an organization accountable for getting the most out of Scrum, including Scrum Masters, managers, and Scrum Team members.
As collaboration is a key factor in the success of any initiative, it is important that Product Owners and other team members understand the role Scrum Masters play in making the entire Scrum Team more efficient and effective in delivering value for the organisation and its customers.
Students work in teams. They learn through team assignments, discussions and hands-on exercises. Be ready to challenge and be challenged. This course will be taught in English.
Attendees make the most of the class if they:
- Have studied the Scrum Guide (required) – available at https://scrumguides.org/.
- Took the Scrum Open assessment.
- Have a solid understanding of Scrum either through working on a Scrum Team, or through taking part in a Professional Scrum Foundations or similar course.
- Have been on or are closely involved in building or enhancing a product or service.
Assessment and Certification
- All participants completing the Professional Scrum Master course will receive a password to attempt the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) assessment. PSM class participants who attempt the PSM I assessment within 14 days of receiving their free password and do not score at least 85% will be granted a 2nd attempt at no additional cost. Students of official PSM classes are also entitled to a 40% discount on the PSM II assessment once passing PSM I.
- Students are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credits: 14 PDUs after attending a two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM) course. Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a PSM I assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s “Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category.
Why collaborate with Scrum.org
Scrum.org training provides a hands-on, activity-based learning experience using a consistent set of materials around the world. Each course explores real-world challenges to help students apply what they learn in their roles once back at work.
Each Scrum.org course is assigned 2 stewards who work with the PST community, including BoostYourScrum, to crowdsource the improvement of the courseware.
On our path to becoming a Professional Scrum Trainer (PST), we had to prove an important number of years of Scrum experience. Once we applied, we went through an extensive process including: interviews, validation of knowledge, training approach, peer reviews and more.
The above combined, Scrum.org provides according to us the highest quality Scrum training, training materials and certified Professional Scrum Trainers (PSTs) to teach them. Our training materials are created and maintained by Scrum co-creator and original signatory of the Agile Manifesto Ken Schwaber, Scrum.org and the PST community members who teach the courses, helping to ensure that they are in tune with what’s happening in organizations and always up-to-date with the latest practices.
We, as Professional Scrum Trainers, bring our own style and experience to the courses, using the same materials as our basis so that all students are learning from the same great content.
We are a proud member of the Scrum.org Professional Training NetworkTM (PTN). As PTN member we align with the Scrum Values and are committed to improving the profession of product delivery in part by providing Scrum.org training.
Need more info?
For additional information about this and our other Professional Scrum training modules you can contact Steven Deneir at firstname.lastname@example.org or via 0032 477 26 93 18.
Visit our website at www.boostyourscrum.com
Brussels - Van Der Valk hotel