Professional Scrum Master II Hilversum, Dec 20-21, 2018
An Advanced Scrum Master Course
Are you a Scrum Master or Agile Coach and ready to take your role to the next level? This two-day Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) training supports you in fulfilling the role of the Scrum Master in a professional way. Although Scrum is deceptively simple, truly mastering it requires more practice.
You will get a better understanding of the points that characterize an effective Scrum Master and how to be an effective servant-leader. The deep dive into your role as a Scrum Master will bring new insights in how you can serve the Scrum Team, Product Owner and organization. You will learn the related practices and skills to facilitate the right kind of conversations within your organization and how you can use it to become a better Scrum Master.
This training teaches you to coach Scrum teams to reach their full potential, even in challenging environments. The PSM II is an advanced, follow-up training course after the Professional Scrum Master (PSM I).
Price: EUR 1995
Q: Is Professional Scrum Master II (PSM II) training right for me?
- Yes - if you have 1 year (minimum) experience as a Scrum Master or Agile Coach
- Yes - if you have a solid knowledge of all aspects of Scrum
- Yes - if you have a desire to build and improve existing facilitation skills
- Yes - if you are interested in coaching Scrum teams to achieve their full potential
Q: What will I achieve by completing this training?
You will learn:
- Areas critical to grow as a successful Scrum Master
- How the Scrum principles and values help guide Scrum Masters in the decisions they make
- How the Scrum Master can help change the environment of Scrum Teams
- How to create an environment for agility to thrive
- What practices, tools, skills and stances make an effective Scrum Master
- How the Scrum Master acts as a servant-leader and improves their ability in this role
- Provide tips and techniques for the Scrum Master to work with the rest of the organization in support of their Scrum Teams
You will gain hands-on experience in:
- Different ways of supporting Development Teams and Product Owners to become more effective
- Helping to change the environment to a more conducive one for Scrum Teams to be successful with greater agility
- Overcoming practical issues as a Scrum Master through stories, exercises, facilitation techniques (such as “Liberating Structures”) and resources from the Professional Scrum Trainer (PST)
You will develop the skills to:
- Identify, and effectively apply which stance would benefit your team the most depending on the situation
- Help management and other stakeholders across your organization understand the benefits of Scrum and agile
- Gain credibility in order to be an effective change agent
- Use Liberating Structures/ different facilitation techniques with your team
Q: What else should I know?
09:00h - 17:00h
- It is recommended to have done the Professional Scrum Master I (PSM I) exam, but not required.
- A 1 year (minimum) work experience as an agile team lead or Scrum Master
Professional Scrum Master II Certification:
- This training qualifies you to take the PSM II (level 2) assessment exam and entitles you to a 40% discount on the PSM III (level 3) assessment
- The exam and certification are provided by Scrum.org
- Do your exam within two weeks after the last training day and you will get a free second attempt from Scrum.org if you fail the exam
- Scrum.org maintains a public list of PSM I and PSM II credential holders, on which you will be mentioned
Students of Scrum.org courses are able to claim Project Management Institute (PMI) PDU credit: 14 PDUs after attending the two-day Professional Scrum Master (PSM). Please note that PMI PDUs are earned for course attendance and not for passing a Scrum.org assessment. Students can claim PDUs under PMI’s "Education courses provided by other third-party providers” category. You can claim your PDUs online at https://ccrs.pmi.org.
1213 VB, Hilversum
Conveniently located from A27/exit 33 Hilversum.
Free parking available.
Train station Hilversum Sportpark at walking distance.
Lunch, snacks and drinks included in the training.
Professional Training Network ProviderXpirit
Registration for this class has closed